CloudFactory provides a tech-forward, professionally managed workforce solution with all the benefits of a trained internal team. Our teams are agile, scale fast, and process data with high accuracy on virtually any platform. CloudFactory is on a mission to change how work gets done. We're using technology to make it super easy and affordable for startups and fast-growing companies to automate and outsource routine back-office core data work and training datasets for machine learning.
CloudFactory USA is located in the thriving city of Durham, North Carolina, which was recently named “the startup capital of the south” by CNBC. Durham is a welcoming and innovative city that is full of life, good food, and the arts. Raleigh-Durham holds the seventh spot on U.S. News & Report’s 2017 Best Places to Live list.
As the very first official CloudFactory Sales Engineer (SE) you will be joining a high-growth organization that knows how to have fun while doing good work in support of CloudFactory’s core mission - bringing meaningful work to 1 million people in the developing world.
The SE will work side-by-side with a group of top-notch Account Executives (AE) to address technical questions and research needs that come up during the sales cycle.
Your work location will consist of a combination of remote/home office, downtown Durham, North Carolina, and other CloudFactory locations such as Raleigh, North Carolina. CloudFactory US is part of a global company with operations in the UK, Nepal, and Kenya.
We’re growing fast and evolving how we approach sales opportunities. The introduction of a Sales Engineer as a technical peer to an Account Executive is designed to address those technical questions that come up during the sales cycle that only a technical subject matter expert can cover.
The person filling this role will enjoy continual learning, working as part of a team, have technical aptitude and a curiosity that drives them to listen with intent so they can provide a technical solution to the business problem we’re trying to solve for our prospects and clients alike.
Travel in this role will be limited to those rare occasions where it makes sense to participate with an AE on an in-person sales call to a prospect.
- Fearlessness when it comes to learning a new technology, SaaS product, or acquiring domain knowledge
- Being a self-starter that knows when to ask for help to get un-stuck
- Getting satisfaction from learning something new, boiling it down into terms that make it easy to share at a variety of levels of understanding, and the ability to read your audience to know what level(s) you need to deliver it at
- An aptitude for acquiring new technical knowledge and a drive to test that knowledge by applying it in meaningful, and possibly novel ways
- Knowledge of and experience with leveraging APIs to do things like extract data, connect systems, load work into systems, share data between entities
- General on-premises and Cloud technology infrastructure knowledge
- Solid understanding of Cloud object storage technologies such as Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure Blob Storage
- Proficiency with productivity tools such as Google Suite and Zoom
- Bonus points if you have these skills:
- Hands-on experience deploying Cloud infrastructure including compute, network and storage configurations
- The SE will be expected to serve as Subject Matter Experts (SME) on all technical domains core to CloudFactory’s offerings as well as those in our ecosystem (ex. Tools, Data Management, Integrations).
- Their primary responsibility will be to participate in prospect/client calls, visits, and correspondence to provide their SME point of view to ensure successful technical alignment between the prospect/client’s needs and our solution to meet those needs.
- The SE will collaborate with the Solutions Architect (SA) to ensure currency of knowledge and technical direction, as well as provide feedback to the SA about what they are seeing directionally in current opportunities.
- Examples of SE Daily Activity:
- Serve as SME on Sales Calls
- Participate in calls with prospects to help better understand their requirements at a detailed, technical level so we can align a solution to their needs.
- Educate assigned AEs on the current state of the partner ecosystem
- SEs will be expected to stay aligned with where the overall market and partner ecosystem is in terms of technical solutions and evolutions of current offerings. They’ll gain this knowledge by staying in sync with the Solutions Architect and through observation (which will be shared with the Solutions Architect). They will share this knowledge with their assigned AEs to make sure they are also current, at a high level, with our direction on the partner ecosystem and evolutions in the market.
We’re looking for someone with 1 to 4 years of technical solutioning or technical support experience, ideally in SaaS or similar. Technology startup experience and international work experience would be a big plus!
- Competitive Compensation
- Free lunches on Fridays!
- Community service opportunities
- Startup company culture
- A mission you can stand by!
- Room for growth! We prefer to promote from within than hire from without
- Medical, dental, and vision care
- Life, accident and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
If you want to join our movement, click on the link below to apply. Don’t settle for a job, pursue a calling at CloudFactory.
Still unsure? Read ‘5 Reasons You Should Work at CloudFactory’.